For today’s Flavor Friday feature, we’re going to share a chocolate cookie recipe!
Very delicious, hope you like it. We sure did ^_^
* 11/2C All-Purpose Flour
* 1/4t Baking Powder
* 1/4C Cocoa Powder
* 1 Large Egg
* 1t Vanilla Essence
* 1/2C Margarine (or Butter)
* 1/2 C Sugar
*1/4 C Milk
2. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
|Sifted dry ingredients|
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the fat (margarine or butter) with the sugar for at least 5 minutes. Add the egg and beat for another 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix.
4. Add the flour and milk alternatively at least 3 times, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
|Incorporating the flour into creamed mixture|
The dough should not be like batter, cookie dough is drier.
|The cookie dough|
5. If you would like to bake the cookies immediately (like we did ^_^), shape the dough into balls and then place them into the pan. Flatten them a bit with a spoon dipped in some floor to get the round shape.
|Flattened cookie dough ready for baking|
(For better results, divide the cookie dough twice; then form two logs and place them in a refrigerator for up to 2 hours until they are firm. Then slice the log into cookie shapes and place them on the baking sheet.)
|Cookie dough log|
6. Place the cookies into the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Then using a spatula, remove the cookies from the pan onto a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
Serve and enjoy the delicious chocolatey goodness ^_^
If you would like to learn how to bake or improve your baking skills. Join one of our classes – click here to see our offered baking short courses.