I’m sharing this simple Vanilla Cake recipe that I was trying out for a mini-cake size.
It’s also one I use when doing a half Kg cake recipe.
- All – Purpose Flour – 163 gms
- Baking Powder – 7 gms
- Sugar – 75 gms
- Margarine – 80 gms
- Vanilla Essence – 7 ml (1/2 Tbspn)
- Eggs – 2 pcs
- Milk – 50 ml
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Grease and flour a round 6 inch mini cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, measure and sift the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, measure the margarine and sugar. Then in a small bowl, break the two eggs and vanilla essence and beat them together.
- Cream the sugar and margarine until white for about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in the egg mixture and beat for about a minute until well incorporated. Add half the dry ingredients and fold them in with a spatula. Then add the remaining half of the dry ingredients and fold them in while gradually adding the milk. Ensure your batter is smooth and has a drop consistency.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and place in the middle rack of your pre-heated oven.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a clean knife or skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let it cool completely on a cooling rack or tray. Your cake is now ready for frosting.