Are you a self-taught home-baker looking to gain serious baking and cake decoration skill that will help you perfect your craft and gain confidence enough to start a small baking business?
Are you a cake-lover who has a passion in learning how to gain baking and cake decoration skills that can help you start a home-based or small baking business?
Are you a youth who recently completed High School (or parent of a student ^_^), and you’re looking to learn a vocational skill that can help you develop a passion in something you love or help you generate income over time?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above; then you should join our Full Baking Course and start your baking journey in January 2020.
What our Full Baking Course entails:
The Amari Cake & Decoration full course is a combination of our three main courses that help you learn how to bake various types of cakes and decorate cakes using various icings and frostings. The classes have progressive levels: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced. When an individual takes all three courses consecutively; then purposes to practice what they have learned. They can become accomplished professional bakers who can start small home-based businesses or small bakery shops to start earning income.
To see exact details of topics covered in each course, please click on the links below:
- Basic Cake and Deco. Course – 9 weekday sessions (Tues. to Thurs.)
- Intermediate Cake & Deco. Course – 9 Sessions (Tues. to Thurs.)
- Advanced Cake & Deco. Course – 16 sessions (Tues. to Fridays)
- (Free class) Local Pastries 1-Day Class – 5 hours
For the month of November to Dec. 23rd, 2019; we’re having a Holiday discount for individuals who sign up for the class early. All 4 classes above will be Kshs. 50,000 only! That’s a Kshs. 12,000 off discount! Make sure to take advantage. Please note that the offer is if you pay for the combined courses at once; you can choose to attend the courses and pay each time you join – the cost for that will be different and won’t be as discounted as the full course package.
We’ll also offer another extra discount: for an addition of only Kshs. 5,000. This means you will pay a total of Kshs. 55,000. You will also get to attend:
- 1-Day Beginner Yeast Pastries Class – 5 Hours (Value of 2,000/-)
- 1-Day Yeast & Puff Pastries Class – 5 hours (Value of 2,500/-)
- Two Start-up Business Consultation sessions on how to plan out & set-up your small baking business – 8 hours (Value of 5,000/-)
Are you ready to sign up for the Course? I bet you are! Deadline for the discount prices is full payment by December 23rd, 2019.
To sign up; please schedule a visit to our Bakery workshop that’s on Ndwaru rd in Riruta/Waithaka area, off Naivasha Rd. On Google Maps; search “Amari Baking Center”. Please do call ahead for directions and to get the best date and time to visit us. Contact us on: 0701796688 (Call/Text/Whatsapp) Business hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also send us an e-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you visit the workshop you can make the payment on site via cash or through our Lipa na Mpesa, Buy Goods Till no. 89736.
Wondering why you should sign up for the classes with us? Here’s why:
- We offer a hands-on learning experience for each student in attendance – this means each of them will work on their own project (baking & decoration) No group work. We also only teach a minimum of 6 students in one class in order to ensure each student gets to understand the lesson well. This makes us one of the top choices when it comes to baking classes in Nairobi.
- We offer support and constant advice after the class in our community groups as well as physical meet-ups. We also hold a monthly baking competition for our Alumni to ensure they are constantly practicing and sharpening their skills.
- We focus on business training since we understand that most of our students have a goal of starting small baking businesses in Kenya over time. We offer advice and focus on business tips and skills that will help each student run a profit-making business.
- We have had success with various students who have taken our full course with business training and started businesses of their own. Some of our alumni who have taken our full course are show-cased below ^_^
The Classes will start in January; below are the dates of each Course:
Cake Making and Decoration Full Course dates 2020
|Basic Cake and Decoration Course date||Intermediate Cake and Decoration Course||Advanced Cake and Decoration Course|
|Week 1: January 21st to 23rd: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. |
Week 2: January 28th to 30th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Week 3: February 4th to 6th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Tuesdays to Thursdays)
|Week 1: |
February 11th to 13th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
February 18th to 20th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
February 25th to 27th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Tuesdays to Thursdays)
| Week 1: |
March 3rd to 6th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
March 10th to 13th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
March 17th to 20th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
March 24th to 27th: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Tuesdays to Fridays)
Freebie Class: Local Pastries 1-Day class. April 4th: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Saturday
Extra Kshs. 5,000 for classes and business consultation:
- Feb. 8th: 1-Day Beginner Yeast Class – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Saturday OR (Alternative date – April 11th Saturday)
- Feb. 29th: 1-Day Yeast and Puff Pastry – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Saturday OR (Alternative date – April 18th Saturday)
- Two Business consultation sessions – dates will be scheduled.
Amari Class Guidelines: Once you pay to book and attend the class, it is your duty as a student to attend each scheduled class. If you miss any class session; it will not be repeated, though you can choose to pay for a custom one on one session just for you to make up for the class at Kshs. 3,000 (per 4 hr. session). Punctuality is a must; if you come late – class content will not be repeated for you and you will continue from where you find the class lesson plan. If you are more than 2 hours late; you will not be allowed to attend the session.
Our class sessions are practical and include hands-on learning for every aspect of the kitchen; that is mixing, baking, decorating and cleaning (dishes, table-wiping & workshop floor). Each student will be expected to do all the above – no exception. Our classes run for 4 hours; please make sure you can be able to stand for at least 4 hours. We incorporate a very small 10 minute break during cleaning only. We provide hot refreshments: hot water, coffee, tea and drinking chocolate. Each student should bring their own cold drinking water and snack if he/she prefers to do so.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STARTING THE BAKING CLASSES
- Full payment to book your spot
- Food Handlers’ Certificate (Contact us for more details)
- Kitchen Hand Cloth
- Carry 2nd pair of shoes for classes: closed, flat, kitchen-safe shoes
- Notebook & pen for notes taken in each session
- Be Punctual to class
- You will be provided with: an Apron, Hair net, ingredients, equipment and an Amari text book.
- You take home the products you bake.
- You receive recipes for all products covered in the class.
- You receive a Certificate of Participation after end of course.
- N/B: If you would like to – and meet our requirements; we can help you look for an un-paid internship with a small bakery business in order to practice your skills for a short period of time and get experience. This will depend on your final class review and overall performance during the Course.
If you would like to make an inquiry about the Full course above; send a message below and we’ll e-mail you right back with details: To see a full list of all the Baking classes offered in Amari – Click here For directions via Psv on how to get to the Bakery workshop, click on this link and scroll to the bottom for details.