Since we started our “Flavor Friday” feature where we highlight a recipe of the flavor of the month, this week we’re going to share a very delicious recipe for Marble Cupcakes.
They are truly delicious, we loved them, hope you do too ^_^
– 2 C All-Purpose flour
– 2 t Baking powder
– 3/4 C Margarine
– 3/4 C Sugar
– 1 t Vanilla Essence
– 2 T Cocoa Powder
– 2 Eggs (beaten)
– appx. 3/4 C Milk
* 12 cupcake liners (or you can just grease & flour the pans).
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Flour and grease two muffin pans or if you have cupcake liners, line the pan with them.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder in a medium pan and set aside.
4. Cream the sugar and margarine for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the egg and beat for another minute, then add the vanilla and mix.
5. Fold in the flour mixture and milk alternately, add the milk gradually until you have a drop consistency batter (if you drop your batter from a spatula – it should take 2 seconds to drop). Fold until well incorporated. Do not over-mix.
6. Divide the batter into two equal parts, in one bowl sift the cocoa powder into the white batter and mix briefly until well incorporated. Your batters are now ready.
7. Spoon the batters into the pans or cup liners and fill approximately 2/3 each. Spoon each batter on one side of the liner equally.
Spoon both batters into the liners
8. Place the pans into the oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until toothpick or skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let cool in the pans for at least 2 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pans onto a cooling rack and let them cool for at least 20 minutes.
Baking with Amari offers learning experiences to those who want to experience & know what Bakers & Cake Decorators do in a practical, hands-on settting. We train our students using Cookswell original charcoal ovens. We also offer basic business start-up training for those who want to start small baking businesses. We do groups vocational training anywhere in East Africa as well.
We hold classes in our home-based bakery workshop located on Ndwaru road in Riruta, Nairobi; off Naivasha road, next to Pelida School.
View more posts
One thought on “Marble Cupcakes Recipe”