Today is Flavor Friday so we’re going to share a recipe with Chocolate in it since it’s our flavor of the month this March. ^_^
Today we’re sharing a Chocolate butter cream frosting recipe, it can be used on cakes or cupcakes.
Chocolate Butter cream Frosting
* 11/2C Icing Sugar
* 1/8 C Margarine (or unsalted Butter)
* 2T Milk
* 1t Vanilla Essence
* 1/4C Cocoa powder
1. Sift the icing sugar in a medium bowl, then add the cocoa powder and sift as well, set aside.
|Sifting icing sugar & cocoa powder|
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the margarine or butter and cream for about a minute, add the icing sugar mixture and continue to cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the vanilla & then the milk gradually to the mixture and continue to mix until it’s a preferred soft & creamy texture.
|Chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting|
4. The frosting is ready to be used on a cake or cupcakes, or stored in an air-tight container until use for up to 7 days.
|Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting ^_^|
For a darker chocolate frosting, we use Maimun Supplies cocoa powder.
Enjoy your frosting ^_^!
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe for Flavor Friday”
Your cakes looks yum yum. Do you supply even in Nairobi CBD?
Hi, thanks! Yes we do. Just call/text or Whatsapp at 0707557091. Or check our website http://www.amaribakery.co.ke