Bakers and Bakerettes! You’ve gotta try this simple Blueberry cupcakes recipe. Quick and easy to make for a few cupcakes for two people – or even one ^_^
Ingredients: Yield = dozen (12 pcs)
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter/Margarine – 1/2 cup (Use unsalted butter & add 1/8 tspn salt – if using margarine; don’t add salt)
- Egg (beaten) – 2 pieces (medium)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Milk (appx.) – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Blueberries – 1/3 cup
Click here to watch the recipe tutorial
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ºC or 350 °F. Line a regular sized muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Measure & sift your dry (flour & baking powder) ingredients into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the large bowl, measure the butter/margarine & sugar. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, with the vanilla and set aside.
- Cream the ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk, an electric mixer or a wooden spoon for about 3 – 5 minutes; or until creamy and white in color. Add the eggs and vanilla, then mix for about 1 minute.
- Fold in the dry ingredients; starting with half the dry ingredients, fold them into the creamed mixture, then add the remaining half and fold it until well incorporated. Add the milk gradually until the batter is of a preferred consistency, drop texture (drops within 2 – 3 seconds).
- Pour in the blueberries and fold them in with a spatula briefly and gently to incorporate. Use a spoon or an ice-cream scoop to pour batter into the cupcake liners.
- Put the cupcakes into your pre-heated oven in the middle rack.
- Bake for about 30 – 35 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden brown on top. Insert a toothpick or metal skewer in the middle and make sure it comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes and allow them to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then turn them onto a cooling rack or a tray and cool them completely.
- You can serve them plain; or you can frost (decorate) them and serve.