For all those who have tasted Coconut Cake, nothing beats that delicious coconut frosting covered by coconut shavings, yum! Sometimes though, I want the Coconut Cake without all that sugar, so I decided to make a Coconut Loaf Cake without frosting. I used a fresh coconut that my sis had bought and it turned out to be quite delicious. It still hit the spot! Here’s the recipe:
– – 1/3 cup Sugar
- - 1/3 cup Un-salted Butter or Margarine (*if using butter; add pinch of salt)
– – 1 Egg
– – 1/8 cup Fresh Coconut shavings
– – 1/4 cup home-made Coconut milk (*Recipe below)
– – 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
– – ½ teaspoon Baking powder
|Grease & flour your loaf pan|
|Creamed coconut mixture|
4. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Remove cake from oven and let stand for 10 minutes on a cooling rack. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
|Delicious and so moist ^_^|
*Home-made Coconut Milk:
– ½ cup Fresh Coconut shavings
– ¾ cup Milk
1. Pour milk into a pan and the coconut shavings into the milk. Place pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat and sieve the milk into a liquid measuring cup. Set the shavings aside.
2. Let the milk cool completely and then use accordingly.
P/S: If you don’t have a coconut, you can use store-bought coconut milk or coconut powder to make the milk.
*You can double or triple this recipe if you would like a bigger cake.
Share this recipe in your network with anyone who you know loves to bake ^_^