The recipe we’re sharing today is a delicious Marble Mini-Loaf Cake Recipe.
We decided not to frost ours, but as always, you can choose to frost yours if you would like.
Hope you enjoy trying it out at home ^_^
- All-Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tspn
- Cocoa Powder – 1T
- Salt – 1/4 tspn
- Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tspn
- Egg – 1 pce
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup (or Margarine – don’t use salt if using margarine)
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or a charcoal oven to medium heat.
- Grease and flour a small loaf pan and set aside.
Greased & floured mini loaf pan
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
Sifting the dry ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and margarine for at least 5 minutes until mixture is almost white.
- Then add the eggs one at a time, mixing until well incorporated, then add the vanilla.
- Alternately fold in the dry ingredients with the milk until the batter is a drop texture.
- In another bowl, divide the batter in half and set one bowl aside. Choose one bowl, sift the cocoa powder and fold it into the batter until thoroughly mixed.
Sifting Cocoa powder into half the batter
- Pour the batters alternately into the loaf pan, and then with a clean bread
Mixed batters in pan
knife, make some horizontal marks in the batter to make the marble effect.
Making a marble effect on batter
- Place the pan into the oven, middle rack. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until skewer or clean bread knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool the cake for about 20 – 30 minutes. Then remove the cake gently from the pan and place on a cooling rack or tray until the cake is completely cool. Serve or frost and serve.
want to learn how to bake delicious cakes like these with us? ^_^
Sign up for one of our baking classes – click here for more information.