Today’s recipe is a simple, delicious vanilla cookie.
These were great with milk, they’re really easy to make!
|Yummy Vanilla Cookies|
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1 tspn
- Margarine – 1 c
- Sugar – 1 c
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tspn
- Egg – 1 pce
- Milk – 2 Tbspn
- Preheat your oven to a medium heat or 350 oF or 180 degrees celsius. Grease and flour a baking or cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift your dry ingredients together; flour and baking powder, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream your sugar and margarine for about 3 to 5 minutes and then add the vanilla and mix.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then add into the creamed mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the dry ingredients until well mixed, you should have a nice cookie dough.
Folding the flour into the creamed mixture
If you feel that it’s too dry, add the milk gradually until you get a good cookie dough texture.
your cookie dough is ready
- Roll out your cookie dough on a lightly floured working surface with a rolling pin.
Roll out your cookie dough
Then using a cookie cutter, cut out the cookie shapes while placing them onto the prepared baking/cookie sheet.
Cut your cookie shapes
- Place the cookies into the oven’s middle rack and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Your cookies are baked!
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes, then using a spatula;
Use a spatula to transfer your cookies to cool
place them on a cooling rack or a tray to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Enjoy your cookies with some coffee, tea or milk ^_^|
Good luck and have fun making this recipe. Give some feedback if you’re able to do this recipe and let us know how it went.
If you don’t know how to bake or if you would like to learn how to, please feel free to Sign up for our baking classes.
We promise you’ll have fun learning with us ^_^!
5 thoughts on “Vanilla Cookies Recipe”
Am personally greatful when I read your enthusiasm to teach the basic in baking in your blog , we frequently ask questions and you give answers diligently. Making sure you are uplifting our knowledge. God bless you
I love this recipe and love the way it smelt when it was baking
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awesome, thanks for sharing feedback. Glad to hear it turned out well ^_^
I tried but I guess I was rushing things. I mixed sugar with flour and oh boy, the cookies are extra sugary but at least they were cookies. I know what I did wrong and will do a repeat. Thank you so much
LikeLiked by 1 person
Very welcome for recipe. Hope the second trial was much better ^_^