Today’s recipe is a favorite, Cinnamon Tea Cake – we LOVE cinnamon ^_^
Very pleased with the results since it came out very moist and delicious.
Of course it’s baked with an energy saving charcoal oven from Cookswell and the results are the same as if baked from an electric or gas oven, possibly even better (we’re biased ^_^) – for anyone out there who doubts that a charcoal oven can bake amazing cakes.
Here’s the recipe:
|Cinnamon Tea Cake|
Cinnamon Tea Cake
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder – 2 1/2 tspns
- Salt – 1/8 tspn
- Ground Cinnamon – 2 tspns
- Margarine or Un-salted Butter – 1 cup (*If using margarine; don’t use salt)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 Pcs
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Margarine or Butter – 1 Tbspn (Melted)
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tspn
- Sugar – 1 Tbspn
|Greased and floured pan|
2. Measure your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and cinnamon) and sift them into a medium bowl; then add salt and set aside.
|Measure and sift your dry ingredients|
3. In a small bowl, beat one egg and set aside. Then measure the sugar and fat in a large deep bowl.
|Beat egg, then set aside|
4. Cream the sugar and fat for about 3 to 5 minutes until a bit white in color.
|Cream your sugar and fat until whitish in color|
Then add the beaten egg, one at a time only until well incorporated; at least 1 minute each time. The mixture might look curdled, that’s alright.
|Add egg and mix thoroughly|
5. Add half the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon or spatula. Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and fold in with the milk; add milk gradually until you have the preferred drop consistency.
6. Pour your batter into the prepared pan ready to bake. Place your pan in the middle rack. If using a charcoal oven; ensure that the oven has reached the preferred temperature before starting to bake the cake.
|Your cake is ready to bake|
7. Bake the cake for 45 to 60 minutes or until brown on top and a clean skewer or knife inserted should come out clean.
8. Remove your cake from oven and cool in the pan for 10 to 20 minutes. Then remove the cake from pan and place on a cooling rack or tray to complete cooling. In a small bowl; mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
9. Right after you remove the cake from pan. Brush the melted butter or margarine with a pastry brush on top of the cake and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the cake – while still warm.
|Brush with butter and top with cinnamon sugar|
10. You can serve the cake while still warm or wait to cool completely to serve.
Enjoy your delicious cake with some tea or coffee ^_^
|Cinnamon Tea Cake ready to eat|
If you do try it out please feel free to comment below on your results.
If you would like to learn how to bake with a Cookswell Charcoal oven with us; sign up for our Cake baking and Decoration course today and get started on making delish cakes such as this one ^_^!
For more info, email us at: email@example.com
You can also call or drop a text to make inquiries on: 0701796688
Too busy to have a practical class? Check out our online class – here