Today’s recipe is a favorite – it has Lavender in it and we ‘heart’ lavender ^_^
This cookie recipe uses fresh lavender herbs (leaves & flowers), however if you can get dried lavender leaves and flowers as well, you can use them.
|Lavender mini cookies|
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius or a medium heat. Grease and flour a baking or cookie sheet and set aside.
2. If you have fresh lavender leaves and flowers (if your lavender bush has flowered, they add a nice color to the cookies), wash and chop them up.
3.Measure 2 Tablespoons of the leaves and set aside.
|Measure the leaves|
|Beat margarine and lavender leaves|
5. Add the sugar and cream for another 5 minutes or until the mixture looks white.
|Creamed mixture with leaves|
6. Add the flour and fold in with a spatula or with your hands (it’s easier with your hands). Knead the dough until it’s the right cookie dough texture.
|Raw Cookie dough|
7. Divide your cookie dough into two parts and roll each into a log. At this point; for better results; you can wrap the logs in cling wrap and place them in the fridge to stiffen for about an hour (If you choose to use this method, preheat your oven when you remove the cookie logs from the fridge to work on them).
|Cookie dough roulade wrapped in cling film|
8. If you don’t have enough time, you can still use the Cookie dough logs without refrigeration, just know that the shapes will not be perfect (but they still taste great! ^_^) Pour the 1/4 cup of sugar on a tray and place the logs on the sugar. Roll them around to coat the surface with the sugar.
|Roll the logs on the sugar to coat surfaces|
9. Place the logs each on the surface and cut circular shapes. Each log should yield about 15 pieces each. Place them on the baking sheet.
|Cut the log into circular shapes|
|Place the cookies on the baking sheet|
10. Place the sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 15 to 25 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes. Using a spatula, remove them from the pan onto a cooling rack or tray to cool them completely.
|Baked Lavender cookies|
11. You can serve these cookies when warm or completely cooled. They’re good with any beverage
|Delicious Lavender cookies!|
If you would love to learn how to bake cookies, cakes and how to decorate them; whether for home baking or to start a small bakery business – Sign up for our baking classes.
Visit our Baking Classes page for details.
You can also email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text/WhatsApp: 0701796688 (9a.m. to 5 p.m.)